Effective Date: January 1, 2016
By installing, using or otherwise accessing the service, you agree to these terms of service. If you do not agree to these terms of service, please don't install, use or otherwise access the service. Use of the Service is void where prohibited.
1.1. Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service
Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms of Service and any other relevant policies, Golden Wood grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable limited license subject to the limitations below to access and use the Service for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes. You agree not to use the Service for any other purpose.
The following restrictions apply to the use of the Service:
- You shall not sell, rent or give away your Account, create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself; You shall not use the Service if you have previously been removed by Golden Wood, or previously been banned from playing any our game;.
- You shall use your Account only for non-commercial purposes; You shall not use the Service to advertise, or solicit, or transmit any commercial advertisements, including chain letters, junk or spam e-mail or repetitive messages to anyone;
Login information and Your Account
During the Account creation process, you will be required to select a password (“Login Information”). You shall not share the Account or the Login Information, nor let anyone else access your Account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account. In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of the Login Information, you must immediately notify Golden Wood and modify your Login Information. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you. You are responsible for anything that happens through your Account.
Golden Wood reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights.
The Service supports only one Account per game on a supported device.
Any use of the Service in violation of these License Limitations is strictly prohibited, can result in the immediate revocation of your limited license and may subject you to liability for violations of law.
You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- Engage in any act that Golden Wood deems to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of the Service or make improper use of Golden Wood’s support services.
- Use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Golden Wood Game or any Golden Wood game experience or without Golden Wood’s express written consent, modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Service or any Golden Wood game.
- Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or server (“Server”) used to offer or support the Service or any Golden Wood game environment.
- Institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Service, or other attempts to disrupt the Service or any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Service.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, Accounts registered to others or to the computers, Servers, or networks connected to the Service by any means other than the user interface provided by Golden Wood, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that is part of the Service.
- Post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive.
- Post any information that contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content.
- Attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person, group, including Golden Wood employees, including Golden Wood’s customer service representatives.
- Make available through the Service any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity or impersonates any other person, including without limitation a Golden Wood employee.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide the Service or any Golden Wood game, or to obtain any information from the Service or any Golden Wood game using any method not expressly permitted by Golden Wood.
- Solicit or attempt to solicit personal information from other users of the Service or any Golden Wood game or collect or post anyone’s private information, including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information through the Service.
Golden Wood reserves the right to determine what conduct it considers to be in violation of the rules of use or otherwise outside the intent or spirit of these Terms of Service or the Service itself. Golden Wood reserves the right to take action as a result, which may include terminating your Account and prohibiting you from using the Service in whole or in part.
1.2. Suspension and Termination of Account and Service
Without limiting any other remedies, Golden Wood may limit, suspend, terminate, modify, or delete accounts or access to Golden Wood services or portions thereof if you are, or Golden Wood suspects that you are, failing to comply with any of these terms of service or for any actual or suspected illegal or improper use of the service, with or without notice to you. you can lose your user name and persona as a result of account termination or limitation, as well as any benefits, privileges, earned items and purchased items associated with your use of the service, and Golden Wood is under no obligation to compensate you for any such losses or results.
2.1. Games and Service
All rights, title and interest in and to the Service (including without limitation any games, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, in-game chat transcripts, character profile information, recordings of games played using a Golden Wood game client, and the Golden Wood game clients and server software) are owned by Golden Wood. Golden Wood reserves all rights, including without limitation, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with its games and the Service.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in the account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to the account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Golden Wood.
2.3. Virtual Items
Golden Wood owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to use all of the content that appears in the Service or in Golden Wood games. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Service, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any Golden Wood game, whether earned in a game or purchased from Golden Wood, or any other attributes associated with an Account or stored on the Service.
2.4. User Content
3. User Content
3.1. Content Screening
Golden Wood assumes no responsibility for the conduct of any user submitting any User Content, and assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Service for inappropriate content or conduct. We do not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. Your use of the Service is at your own risk. By using the Service, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or otherwise not in line with your expectations. You bear all risks associated with the use of any User Content available in connection with the Service. At our discretion, our representatives or technology may monitor and/or record your interaction with the Service or communications (including without limitation chat text) when you are using the Service.
By entering into these Terms of Service, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring and recording. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any User Content, including without limitation chat text or voice communications.
If at any time Golden Wood chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Service, Golden Wood nonetheless assumes no responsibility for User Content and assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content. We have the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any User Content.
3.2. Information Use by Other Members of the Service
3.2.1. Public Discourse
The Service may include various forums, blogs and chat features where you can post User Content, including your observations and comments on designated topics. Golden Wood cannot guarantee that other members will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, do not post it on the Service. Golden Wood shall have no responsibility to evaluate, use or compensate you for any ideas or information you may choose to submit.
3.2.2. Responsible For Your Own Content
You are solely responsible for the information that you post on, through or in connection with the Service and that you provide to others. Golden Wood may reject, refuse to post or delete any User Content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, User Content that in the sole judgment of Golden Wood violates these Terms of Service.
You hereby grant to Golden Wood an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense and assign to third party) and right to copy, reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, manufacture, commercialize, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice, in any way, your User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof in connection with our provision of the Service, including marketing and promotions of the Service. You also hereby grant to Golden Wood the right to authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted to Golden Wood under these Terms of Service. You further hereby grant to Golden Wood the unconditional, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, likeness and any other information or material included in any User Content and in connection with any User Content, without any obligation to you. Except as prohibited by law, you waive any rights of attribution and/or any moral rights you may have in your User Content, regardless of whether your User Content is altered or changed in any manner. Golden Wood does not claim any ownership rights in your User Content and nothing in these Terms of Service is intended to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Golden Wood has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights in or to your User Content.
3.4. User Interactions
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service and any other parties with whom you interact through the Service and/or Golden Wood games. Golden Wood reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes. You will fully cooperate with Golden Wood to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including, without limitation, granting Golden Wood access to any password-protected portions of your Account.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
4. Fees and Purchase Terms
In the Service you may purchase, with “real world” money, a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use (a) “virtual currency”, including but not limited to virtual cash or diamonds, all for use in Golden Wood games; (b) “virtual in-game items” (together with “virtual currency”, “Virtual Items”); and (c) other goods or services (“Merchandise”). You are only allowed to purchase Virtual Items from us or our authorised partners through the Service, and not in any other way.
Golden Wood may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Items and/or Merchandise at any time, with or without notice. Golden Wood shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that Golden Wood exercises any such rights.
The transfer of Virtual Items and Merchandise is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Items or Merchandise to any person or entity, including but not limited to Golden Wood, another user or any third party.
ALL PURCHASES AND REDEMPTIONS OF THIRD PARTY VIRTUAL CURRENCY MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
The provision of Virtual Items for use in Golden Wood games is a service provided by Golden Wood that commences immediately upon acceptance by Golden Wood of your purchase.
4.2. Payment of Fees
You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you. Golden Wood may revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service at any time. You acknowledge that Golden Wood is not required to provide a refund for any reason, and that you will not receive money or other compensation for unused virtual items when an account is closed, whether such closure was voluntary or involuntary.
5. Updates to the Service
You understand that the Service is an evolving one. Golden Wood may require that you accept updates to the Service and to Golden Wood’s games you have installed on your computer. You acknowledge and agree that Golden Wood may update the Service and Golden Wood games, with or without notifying you. You may need to update third party software from time to time in order to receive the Service and play Golden Wood’s Games.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties
The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your use, without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and those arising from course of dealing or usage of trade. Golden Wood does not warrant that you will be able to access or use the service at the times or locations of your choosing; that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free; that defects will be corrected; or that the game or the service are free of viruses or other harmful components.